Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

Introduction


Facing History and Ourselves is one of the best courses I took throughout high school career. The dedication of the teacher combined with the emotional stimulus of the films and all the information that I learned came together to form an inspirational course that has made me a stronger individual than I ever have been. I originally decided to sign up for this course because some friends of mine said it was an amazing course. However, they never went into much more detail than that. Now I understand why they did not. Even if they had tried, they would not have been able to explain it to me, because you must go through this course to truly understand what it is like. I could try to describe the general outline but to fully grasp the message given throughout this course you must experience it. Before I took this course I thought that I was expressing my opinion and standing up for what I believed in, but this was not actually the case. Facing History made me realize that I was not being true to my beliefs and myself because I would allow myself to be a bystander and let other people using derogatory language that offended what I believed in. I can now honestly and proudly that I am no longer am a bystander. It is thanks to this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment